So you’re considering a move to, or within, the Tampa Bay area. Congratulations! It’s a great place to live. Here are some great sites to help you do your research. Of course, you can start the Our Areas section of this site for community information and topical, local blog posts.
For general information about living, visiting, and doing business in the Sunshine State:
- MyFlorida.com , the state of Florida website, addresses all things Florida from a business, visitor, and resident view. This is a great source of information on licensure, schools, etc.
Relocation guide from the Greater Tampa Chamber of Commerce:
- Location Guide provides excellent information about the Tampa business climate, communities, etc.
Local newspapers and resources:
- Tampa Bay Times
- Tampa Tribune
- Creative Loafing Tampa quirky local and entertainment news. Known for “Best Of” series.
- TBT free paper by the Tampa Bay Times, also offers local and entertainment news.
- 83 Degrees online only source for arts, entrepreneurism, and local urban news.
- Tampa Downtown Partnership online only source of information about doing business, living, and playing in Tampa’s Downtown.
- Great Schools provides reviews and ratings
- Hillsborough County School Locator to identify the assigned public schools for a particular address in Hillsborough County
- Hillsborough County Schools main site
- University of South Florida
- University of Tampa
- Hillsborough Community College
Local government sites providing information about all county and city services:
For a thorough relocation assistance, just contact me. I have a formal relocation program that has assisted many households in the transition to the Tampa Bay area. It’s a GREAT place to live, work and play.